- This article is about the playable race. For the orc lore, see Orc. For the in-game faction, see Orgrimmar (faction).
|Hunter, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, Death knight, Mage, Monk, Priest
Valley of Trials, Durotar
The orcs of Orgrimmar are one of the playable Horde races in World of Warcraft. Once a peaceful race from the world of Draenor, the orcs were demonically corrupted by the Burning Legion forming the Orcish Horde and waged war on the draenei they shared Draenor with, and then they came through the Dark Portal to Azeroth as conquerors. After having conquered the human kingdom of Stormwind in the First War, the orcs were eventually defeated in the Second War, after which they became prisoners of the Alliance of Lordaeron. Under the leadership of Thrall, the orcs were liberated from the camps and formed the New Horde, and after yet another war, the orcish people were able to settle the land of Durotar in Kalimdor.
Orcs start their journeys in the Valley of Trials within this new homeland. Their capital city is Orgrimmar, which is also considered the main base of the entire Horde itself. The chosen orc mount is the worg, and their main language is Orcish. Being the leaders of the Horde, their allies have learned this language from them as well.
- Main article: Orc#History
Creation screen description
The orc race originated on the planet Draenor. A peaceful people with shamanic beliefs, they were enslaved by the Burning Legion and forced into war with the humans of Azeroth. Although it took many years, the orcs finally escaped the demons' corruption and won their freedom. To this day they fight for honor in an alien world that hates and reviles them.
- The orc race originated on the planet Draenor. A peaceful people with shamanic beliefs, they were enslaved by the Burning Legion and forced into war with the humans of Azeroth. Although it took many years, the orcs finally escaped the demons' corruption and won their freedom. To this day they fight for honor in an alien world that hates and reviles them.
The once-peaceful Orcs came to Azeroth from the planet Draenor after falling victim to the corruption of the demonic Burning Legion. Now, the Orcs fight to survive in a world that hates them, prizing blood and honor above all things.
Classic opening cutscene
Long ago, the orcish horde was corrupted by the Burning Legion and lured to the world of Azeroth. For generations, the orcs made war upon the human kingdoms of Stormwind and Lordaeron. Though the Horde was ultimately defeated, a visionary young warchief named Thrall rose to lead his people in their darkest hour. Under Thrall's rule, the orcs freed themselves from the chains of demonic corruption and embraced their shamanistic heritage. After years of wandering, the orcs founded their own kingdom in the harsh wastelands of Durotar. Based in the warrior city of Orgrimmar, they stand ready to destroy all who would challenge their supremacy. As a proud defender of Durotar, it is your duty to crush the enemies, both seen and unseen, for the nefarious agents of the Burning Legion still wander the land.
Cataclysm opening cutscene
The Great Cataclysm has shattered more than just the world. Warchief Thrall, arguably the most powerful living shaman has left his people behind so that he might stop the Cataclysm at its source. Yet, in his absence, the Horde champion Garrosh Hellscream has become the Horde's new Warchief. Though popular amongst the orcs for his victories against the Lich King, Garrosh's reckless leadership has begun to cause a rift between himself and the other leaders of the Horde. With Durotar's natural resources nearly depleted, Garrosh seeks to take whatever his people need to survive regardless of who stands in his way. A dangerous new era for the Horde has dawned and it falls to brave orcs like you to uphold the will of the new Warchief and assure the dominance of your people.
Long ago, the noble orcish race was corrupted by the Burning Legion and transformed into the merciless, destructive Horde. Lured to the world of Azeroth, the orcs were forced to make war upon the human kingdoms of Stormwind and Lordaeron in what would become known as the First and Second Wars. Though the Horde nearly succeeded in annihilating humanity, it ultimately devoured itself from within and collapsed. The defeated orcs spent many years within guarded prisons, unable to function without the prospect of conquest and warfare. After many years, a visionary young warchief rose to lead his people in their darkest hour. Fittingly enough, the young orc’s name was Thrall. Under his rule, the orcs freed themselves from the chains of demonic corruption and embraced their shamanistic heritage.
At the behest of a strange prophet, Thrall led his people to the ancient lands of Kalimdor. There, Thrall and the Horde came face to face with their old oppressor, the Burning Legion. With the aid of the humans and night elves, the orcs defeated the Legion and set out to find their own path in their adopted world. The orcs claimed the harsh wastelands of Durotar as their kingdom in Kalimdor.
Now based in the warrior city of Orgrimmar, the orcs look forward to a shining new future for their people. Though they are no longer driven by dreams of conquest, they stand ready to destroy all who would challenge their sovereignty or their supremacy. It is your duty to crush the enemies of Durotar, both seen and unseen, for the nefarious agents of the Burning Legion still wander the land.
Male orcs are large, hunched and frightening, wielding axes and hammers as well as massive fists the size of a small child. They have flat, wide noses and beady red eyes. Female orcs have tiny, squashed noses and angry, slanted eyes. Female orcs have very shapely bodies and very exotic hairstyles with either messy hair poking out in every direction or thick braids—or no hair at all. All orcs have some variation of green skin.
Male orcs average 7' in height, while females average 6-6.5'.
- Removed from game
|Expertise with Axes, Two-Handed Axes and Fist Weapons increased by 1%.
- The male orc dance is a reference to MC Hammer's dance in the music video for "U Can't Touch This".
- The male orc are voiced by Steve Blum.
- The female orc are possibly voiced by Lani Minella.
- They are the only race to have a racial leader step down and later step up for leadership.
- When approached or attacked by members of the Alliance, both orc and troll NPCs say: "[Orcish]: Grunts! Attack!"; causing additional guards for that town or city to summon in aid of that NPC. Troll and orc NPCs are the only two races that share a common language when making such calls-to-arms, reflecting their close loyalty and friendship.
- The orcs were without a racial leader for two periods of time within World of Warcraft.
- The first being from the Darkspear Rebellion and the Siege of Orgrimmar in which they rejected and aided in the defeat of Garrosh Hellscream up until World of Warcraft: Legion revealed Varok Saurfang as their new leader.
- The second was following the death of Saurfang in the Reckoning up until revealed that Thrall, was once more, their racial leader.
Orc with straight back posture added in patch 8.0.1
Orc on the character creation screen as seen before patch 9.0.1.
- Patch 10.0.0 (2022-10-25): Orcs now have access to the priest class.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): New straight back posture for male orcs added.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Orcs now have access to the monk class.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Orcs now have access to the mage class.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Orcs now have access to the death knight class.
es:Orco (jugable) pl:Durotar orc it:Orco (giocabile)