Void elf (playable)
- This article is about the playable race. For the void elf lore, see Void elf.
|Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight
The void elves (or ren'dorei, for "Children of the Void" in Thalassian) are one of the playable Alliance allied races in World of Warcraft, introduced at the end of Legion. Once blood elves, they succumbed to void corruption after an expedition exploring new magics went awry. Alleria Windrunner, who had recently learned to harness the shadow and use it for the good of Azeroth, saved these wayward elves by teaching them control. In return, they now serve the Alliance.
Void elves begin in Telogrus Rift before reporting to their faction's embassy (much like all other allied races). Their choice of mount is the voidstrider, a shadow-infused hawkstrider. The chosen language of void elves is Thalassian, just like their non-void corrupted kin, but they are also able to speak Common.
Customizations for this race include the ability to depict a dark ranger/darkfallen elf rather than a standard ren'dorei. They also possess customizations that look akin to the traditional depiction of high elves.
- Main article: Void elf#History
Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void Elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance.
Creation screen description
Seeking to harness the corruptive magic of the Void, these outcast elves endured an unexpected transformation. They are determined to master their newfound powers and resist the whispers eager to lure them into madness.
Alleria Windrunner: The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!
Void elves have extremely pale skin, blue eyes, and hair with varying shades of purple and blue - sometimes with tentacle-shaped dreadlocks. On occasion in combat they fully embrace the Void, shrouding their entire bodies in purple shadow magic. Alleria is the only elf shown to be able to use this transformation at will.
In order to unlock the ability to play as void elves, players must have a level 40 Alliance character and complete the following recruitment questline:
- Main articles: Jokes#Void elf male, Jokes#Void elf female
- Main articles: Flirt#Void elf male, Flirt#Void elf female
Notes and trivia
- On the patch 7.3.5 PTR, the race's description read "Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these void elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance."
- Void elves speak in a thick British accent.
- Class and profession trainers in the Cathedral of Light are a little uneasy towards the void elves if one of them walks inside.
- Prior to the removal of reputation and achievement requirements to unlock allied races, unlocking void elves required Exalted reputation with the Argussian Reach and the achievement .
- Playable void elves start out at Friendly with the Argussian Reach.
- New character customization in the Shadowlands expansion
- Patch 10.1.5 (2023-07-11): No longer requires to unlock.
- Patch 9.2.5 (2022-05-31): Unlockable new skin color customization option with red eyes added.
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): No longer requires Exalted with Argussian Reach to unlock. New customization options added.
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Void elves now have access to the death knight class.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Added.
es:Elfo del Vacío (jugable) it:Elfo del vuoto (giocabile)